Know Before You Go
What to Expect When You Visit
All visitors must have a date-specific ticket. Every guest. Every day.Learn more
Masks are recommended for your visit.Learn more
All Visitors Must Have Date-specific Tickets. Every Guest. Every Day.
Admission tickets are still required for WCS Members as well as one-day ticket buyers. (ages 3 & up)
- RESERVE WCS Member tickets – Must have valid member card for reservation. Members must present tickets, valid member card and photo ID for park entry. Reserve member tickets
- BUY one-day tickets – Purchase tickets
- ALREADY HAVE A GIFT CERTIFICATE OR TICKET VOUCHER. Use our online web form for assistance from the Reservation Center. You must have your ticket order number, and the name, email and phone number associated with that order.
- Media Visits: No press cards or credentials will be accepted at the gate for admission. All members of the media visiting for the purposes of coverage must have an appointment with the Communications Department.
- Important Note on Date Selection for Tickets: If the date or time you wish to visit is not listed in our calendar, please select another date. Dates are removed from the calendar once we have already reached the maximum number of guests for that date. The Reservation Center and Member Services will NOT be able to reserve tickets for that date.
- Policies are subject to change, and all guests must abide by the park rules in effect on the date of visit. When changes happen, we make every effort to align our website and park signage with updates. Always check before you arrive for the most up-to-date information.
- Please check FAQs for further information – View FAQs.
What To Expect When You Visit
- WHEN YOU ARRIVE - use nyaquarium.com/today to see that day’s available exhibits and amenities.
- PARKING IS LIMITED: Due to peak summer attendance, our parking lot frequently fills to capacity. We recommend using mass transit to travel to Coney Island whenever possible. Aquarium parking fees are duration-based. If driving to the Aquarium in the summer, please note that cars are only permitted to turn left into the Aquarium parking lot, and must approach heading WEST along Surf Ave (coming from Ocean Parkway).
- STROLLERS RESTRICTIONS: During peak season, stroller parking is required for all indoor exhibits and when entering the Aquatheater. Designated self-park stroller areas are near these entrances. Please take your belongings with you when parking your stroller. Wagons are not permitted inside the Aquarium.
- BEACH EQUIPMENT AND BEACH ATTIRE IS NOT PERMITTED: Shoes and shirts are required for visiting the Aquarium. Due to limited space, we cannot have guests bring in beach equipment such as wagons, umbrellas or coolers.
- CLOSURE ALERT: Due to extreme low temperatures, Aquatheater shows are cancelled Feb 3 & 4, and penguins will be off view. Thank you for your understanding.
- ADULT SUPERVISION REQUIRED. All guests age 17 and under must be accompanied by an adult (18+).
Masks are recommended for your visit. Guests and staff may continue to wear masks for a variety of reasons, so please be kind and considerate of others.
For the health and safety of our animals, some Wild Encounters and other programs may still require masks.
For everyone’s health and safety, we are implementing contactless arrival procedures. We need your help to make it work! Here’s what you do:
- Step 1: Reserve your tickets in advance - then print OR be ready to use on your mobile device
- Step 2: Have ticket barcode ready as you arrive for self-scanning (WCS Members – have your valid Member card and ID to show too)
- Step 3: Scan all your tickets and enter!
Health And Safety Is A Priority!
We are managing capacity for our guest experience, but still expect some lines or gathering at animal viewing areas. Please respect social distancing and related guidelines.
- Hand Sanitizer: Hand sanitizer available at all entrances and throughout the park near food/retail and exhibit areas.
- Review all visitor behavior and activity policies: View rules
COVID-19 Warning: An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. By visiting WCS’s facilities, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
This applies to all visitors – one-day ticket holders and WCS members. New dated/time entry tickets are valid for a single visit. Reentry is not permitted.
Be A Responsible Guest & Protect Yourself And Others
From social distancing behaviors to handwashing, we need all guests to continue to participate in proper healthy behaviors when visiting. Please remember:
- If you are sick, or have possible symptoms, please stay home and take time to recover.
- Distance responsibly! Keep at least 6 feet between yourself and others. Please be patient at animal exhibit areas and allow guests to move along before stepping forward or creating crowds. Pay attention to all aquarium signs, as some pathways are now one-way.
- Wash your hands often. Restrooms for washing with soap and water are available across the park, and we’ve added hand sanitizer stations near exhibits and other gathering areas.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or sleeve when sneezing or coughing.
- Do not touch your face with unwashed hands.
Do Not Bring Scooters
For everyone’s safety, child scooters are never permitted. See our complete list of rules.
Please be Aware
Guest Conduct Policy: We expect all guests to behave in a family-friendly manner. WCS staff, guests, and the animals in our care deserve an environment free from abusive or inappropriate behavior.
We reserve the right to refuse admission to, escort from park grounds, and/or revoke without a refund the Membership of, any individual or group who endangers our animals, staff, vendors, guests, or any WCS property; or who engages in verbal or physical harassment, discriminatory or threatening behavior, or otherwise interferes with the safety or enjoyment of the park by others.
This Guest Conduct Policy also applies to written and verbal correspondence. WCS reserves the right to terminate communication with any individual who engages in verbal harassment, profanity, discriminatory or threatening behavior, whether by phone, email or other means of communication.