For more information, please review Park Rules and our FAQ’s
Still continuing to rebuild: We are proud to open our newest and largest exhibit, Ocean Wonders: Sharks! in the summer of 2018. Construction and rebuilding from Hurricane Sandy continues for our main indoor restaurant, as well as three exhibit areas that remain closed.
Parking is very limited: Due to ongoing construction significantly reducing spaces, and high summer attendance, our parking lot frequently fills to capacity. We recommend using mass transit to travel to Coney Island. Aquarium parking fees are duration-based. If driving to the Aquarium in the summer, please note that cars are only permitted to turn left into the Aquarium parking lot, and must approach heading WEST along Surf Ave (coming from Ocean Parkway)
PEAK SUMMER CROWDS HAPPEN ON WEEKENDS AND WEDNESDAY AFTERNOONS: If possible, plan a visit to avoid peak times. We are thrilled to see the excitement for our new exhibit, but please understand you will encounter large crowds and lines this summer. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Mon, Tues, Thurs afternoons tend to be smaller crowds.
- Camp group visits are heavy on weekday mornings.
- Weekends are the busiest, and crowds grow throughout the day, so early arrival is best (we open at 10am)
- When an Aquatheater show is running, it can be the best time to visit Ocean Wonders:Sharks! Once the show ends, lines grow very quickly.
- In order to manage the crowd size inside the park, you may encounter longer lines and wait times at the entrance.
- Only a few areas are indoors. Be prepared for sun and summer heat during your visit (sunscreen, hats, etc.)
- Parking is LIMITED (we can’t say this enough!). If driving to the Aquarium, expect delays for traffic and parking lot temporary closures. Mass transit is best.
Strollers Restrictions: Stroller parking is required for the Ocean Wonders:Sharks! exhibit and when entering the Aquatheater. Designated self-park stroller areas are near these entrances. Please take your belongings with you when parking your stroller. Wagons are not permitted inside the Aquarium.
No re-entry: Please plan for a continuous visit. We are unable to permit reentry to the park once you leave. For the 4-D Theater, we recommend visiting at the start or at the end of your Aquarium experience, as the theater is located just outside of the park entrance.
Beach equipment and beach attire is not permitted: Shoes and shirts are required for visiting the Aquarium. Due to limited space, we cannot have guests bring in beach equipment such as wagons, umbrellas or coolers.
Adult supervision required: All guests under age 17 must be accompanied by an adult age 18 or over.
Sea Cliffs Animal Feedings
Feeding Times are based on the animals' needs. Check the board in the Main Lobby for details.
Every day, keepers use toys, treats, and training to stimulate natural behaviors. Catch the enrichment in action.
Ocean Wonders: Sharks!
Glimpse life at the edge of the Hudson Canyon and get nose-to-nose with sharks.
July & August: Wednesday–Sunday from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Join the Quest! Look for these free family-friendly activity stations throughout the park.
*Show and feeding times vary, see daily postings in the main lobby and Aquatheater entrance.