All Summer Sea Cliffs Internship positions have been filled at this time.
If you are interested in volunteering, please visit the volunteer page.
Assist the animal care staff in the husbandry of sea lions, harbor seals, sea otters and penguins
- Must be 18 years of age (no exceptions)
- Commitment of 4 days a week for 15 weeks or 5 days a week for 12 weeks (no exceptions)
- Fulltime college student or recent graduate
- Interest in pursuing career in animal care
- Be able to lift 50lbs.
- Be physically able to perform laborious tasks in extreme weather conditions and fast paced environment
- Have the ability to work well in a busy and fast paced environment
- Memorize and perform one educational narration
- SCUBA Certification optional
- Provide own housing and transportation
- Prepare daily diets
- Clean and maintain all animal and food preparation areas
- Assist in training sessions and feedings
- Narrate exhibit feeds
- Schedule and administer daily enrichment
- Participate in classes on animal training and complete a shaping plan
- Assist staff with ongoing behavioral projects
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Sea Cliffs Internship”. If you are interested in volunteering, please visit the volunteer page.
INTERNSHIP APPLICATIONS FOR FALL DUE JULY 15, 2018
Fall internships will begin in mid-September or early October