All Summer Sea Cliffs Internship positions have been filled at this time.
Assist the animal care staff in the husbandry of sea lions, harbor seals, sea otters and penguins
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject “Sea Cliffs Internship”.
- Commitment of 4 days a week for 15 weeks or 5 days a week for 12 weeks
- Fulltime college student or recent graduate
- Interest in pursuing career in animal care
- Be able to lift 50lbs.
- Be physically able to perform laborious tasks in extreme weather conditions and fast paced environment
- Have the ability to work well in a busy and fast paced environment
- Memorize and perform one educational narration
- SCUBA Certification optional
- Provide own housing and transportation
- Prepare daily diets
- Clean and maintain all animal and food preparation areas
- Assist in training sessions and feedings
- Narrate exhibit feeds
- Schedule and administer daily enrichment
- Participate in classes on animal training and complete a shaping plan
- Assist staff with ongoing behavioral projects