APPLICATIONS ARE CURRENTLY BEING ACCEPTED FOR CANDIDATES AVAILABLE TO START AT THE END OF JANUARY OR BEGINNING OF FEBRUARY.
If you are interested in volunteering, please visit the volunteer page.
Assist the animal care staff in the husbandry of sea lions, harbor seals, sea otters and penguins.
- Must be 18 years of age (no
- Commitment of 4 days a week for 15
weeks or 5 days a week for 12 weeks (no exceptions)
- Fulltime college student or recent
- Interest in pursuing career in
- Be able to lift 50lbs.
- Be physically able to perform
laborious tasks in extreme weather conditions and fast paced environment
- Have the ability to work well in a
busy and fast paced environment
- Option to memorize and perform one
- SCUBA Certification optional
- Provide own housing and
- Prepare daily diets
- Clean and maintain all animal and food preparation areas
- Assist in training sessions and feedings
- Narrate exhibit feeds
- Schedule and administer daily enrichment
- Participate in classes on animal training and complete a shaping plan
- Assist staff with ongoing behavioral projects
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Sea Cliffs Internship”. If you are interested in volunteering, please visit the volunteer page.