We are now accepting applications for the fall internship!
Applications will be accepted from July 29th to August 11th. Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject SEA CLIFFS INTERNSHIP
Assist the animal care staff in the husbandry of sea lions, harbor seals, sea otters and penguins.
- Must be 18 years of age (no
- Commitment of 4 days a week for 15
weeks or 5 days a week for 12 weeks (no exceptions)
- Fulltime college student or recent
- Interest in pursuing career in
- Be able to lift 50lbs.
- Be physically able to perform
laborious tasks in extreme weather conditions and fast paced environment
- Have the ability to work well in a
busy and fast paced environment
- Option to memorize and perform one
- SCUBA Certification optional
- Provide own housing and
- Prepare daily diets
- Clean and maintain all animal and food preparation areas
- Assist in training sessions and feedings
- Narrate exhibit feeds
- Schedule and administer daily enrichment
- Participate in classes on animal training and complete a shaping plan
- Assist staff with ongoing behavioral projects
If you are interested in applying, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject SEA CLIFFS INTERNSHIP