Programs are offered seasonally. Check back in 2024 for Spring and Summer updates!
Wild Encounters are a way to meet personally with amazing animals, and learn about our extraordinary work right from our keepers.
- Chat with the keepers and get answers to your most challenging questions
- Meet some of the stars of our Aquatheater show
- Get close to amazing animals
- Support the New York Aquarium while connecting with wildlife like never before
- No two Wild Encounters are ever the same – sea for yourself!
MEMBER DISCOUNT AVAILABLE
Use promotion code MEMBERVIP at checkout for 10% off. Must present valid Membership card at program check-in.
Promotion code must be entered at the time of checkout for discount. Cannot be combined with any other discount or promotion. Not applicable towards prior purchases.
- THIS TICKET IS FOR THE PROGRAM ONLY AND DOES NOT SERVE AS ADMISSION INTO THE AQUARIUM. Must have a valid WCS Membership or separate admission ticket in order to enter the park. One-day ticket reservation or Member reservation must be made in advance online. Please be sure to purchase your reservation online in advance of arrival.
- PROGRAMS BEGIN ON TIME. Check-in at the Admissions Lobby at least 15 minutes prior to program start time. We are unable to accommodate or refund guests who arrive at check-in after the program has started. Once the host has left the check-in area guests cannot join in late. Late guests forfeit their spot and are not eligible for a refund. PLEASE PLAN AHEAD – especially in June/July/August, plan to arrive at the park AT LEAST 1-2 hours prior to your program if it has a start time after 11am.
- RAIN OR SHINE. Programs run in almost all weather. Check the weather forecast to help you plan your attire. We recommend comfortable clothing and secure, non-slip shoes. You may get wet.
- AGE RESTRICTIONS AND CHAPERONE POLICIES MUST BE FOLLOWED. Check your specific program details. Due to limited capacity, tickets are final sale and errors based on age requirements will not be refunded. Program is limited to paid participants and specific chaperones only. Other family/friends/children are not permitted at the program.
- CHANGE / CANCELLATION: Wild Encounters reservations are non-refundable. Reservations may be changed up to 5 days before the program and will be subject to a $15 Administrative Change Fee. Less than 5 days, changes are not permitted. (Contact us at email@example.com, or call 347-308-9021)
- ANIMAL EXPERIENCES CAN BE UNPREDICTABLE. Programs and experiences are subject to change, without notice, at the discretion of WCS staff. Itinerary changes may be due to animal welfare, safety, staffing, mechanical issues, weather, or other unforeseen circumstances. Reasonable accommodations will be made to reschedule guests as effectively as possible.
- ACCESSIBILITY: Please contact us in advance if someone in your reservation needs assistance or accommodations for accessibility, so we can help provide the best Wild Encounter experience. This includes, but is not limited to, guests who may need/use wheelchair or mobility support, assistive listening support, or have sensory sensitivities. (firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 347-308-9021)
- MASK POLICY: For the health and safety of our animals, some Wild Encounters programs may still require masks. WCS reserves the right to implement mask requirements at the time of the session. If you do not have a mask with you, staff will have available. In addition, guests and staff may continue to wear masks for a variety of reasons, so please be kind and considerate of others.